Dobrý den, zkontrolovali a případně opravili byste mi, prosím, tyto věty. Děkuji za případné připomínky.
1) Myslel jsem na něj, protože byl nemocný.
I was thinking at him because he was sick.
2) Jeli jsme autobusem, protože pršelo.
We were going bus if it was raining.
3) Jakou knihu jsi četl, když jsem přijel?
Which book were you reading when I arrive?
4) Když pracoval na zahradě, začalo pršet.
When he was working in the garden, it began (started) to rain.
5) Proč jsi plakal? Byl to smutný film?
Why did you cry? Was it sad film?
6) Viděl jsem ji, když jsem pracoval na zahradě.
I saw her when I was working in the garden.
7) Napsal tento román, když žil v Africe.
He wrote the novel when he was living in Africa.
8) Když zazvonil zvonek, sešel jsem dolů a otevřel dveře. Za dveřmi stál pošťák.
When the bell rang, I went down and opened the door. Behind the door was standing the postman.
9) Nechtěl jít s námi, protože tu hru už viděl.
He didn´t want to go with us because he had seen this play before yet.
10) Minulý rok propadla u zkoušek, protože nestudovala.
Past year she failed in exams because she hadn´t study.
11) Včera v 8 jsem se neučila, protože jsem spala.
Yesterday at 8 o´clock I wasn´t learn because I was sleeping.
12) Když se narodil, jeho rodiče byli manželé už 5 let.
When he was born, his parents had already been married for 5 years.
13) Nechtěl nic jíst, protože už obědval.
He didn´t want to eat anything because he had had lunch.
14) Nemohl jsem kouřit, protože jsem zapomněl koupit cigarety.
I couldn´t smoke because I forgotten to buy a cigarettes.
15) Když jsem vstoupil do třídy, někdo mi jedl svačinu.
When I came to the class, someone was eating my snack.
16) Když jsem vstoupil do třídy, zjistil jsem, že mi někdo snědl svačinu.
When I came to the class, I found out, somebody had eaten my snack.
17) Přišel jsem do třídy a snědl jsem svačinu.
I came to the class and I eat my snack.
18) Ačkoliv jsem ho nikdy předtím neviděl, klidně jsem mu půjčil 100 000 Kč.
Although I hadn´t seen him before, I was lending him 100 000 crowns.
19) Zatímco se děda snažil napsat mail, babička si povídala se sousedkou.
While grandpa was trying to write an email, grandma was talking with neighbour.
20) Zatímco zoufalý učitel angličtiny vysvětloval gramatiku, jeden ze studentů usnul.
While desperate English teacher was explaining grammar, one of the students fell asleep.
21) Když se studenti vrátili po víkendu do školy, nemohli si vzpomenout, co se učili o předminulém čase.
When students came back (returned) to school after the week, they couldn´t remember what they were learning abou past tense.
22) Jaké příklady jste včera řešili v matematice? Nevím. Když jsem dorazil, učitel právě končil hodinu.
What examples were they solving in maths? I don´t know. When I came the teacher had just finished the lesson.
23) Nikdy předtím jsem nepřeložil tolik vět bez chyby.
I have never been much translated sentences without error before.
Já se pokusím:
1. I was thinking about him, because he was sick. Think of × think about.
2. We were going by bus, because it was raining.
3. What ("which" it also possible, but... What × which) book were you reading when I arrived(past simple)?
4. While (past continuous - "when" should also be possible, but this should be better) he was working in the garden, it started to rain.
5. Why did you cry? (seems okay to me) Was it a sad film/movie?
6. I saw her while (see 4) I was working in the garden.
7. He wrote this novel while (see 4) he was living in Africa.
8. When the bell rang, I went down and opened the door. Behind the door, there was standing the postman. OR Behind the door, there was the postman.
9. He didn't want to go with us, because he had seen this play before
10. Last year she failed at exams, because she didn't study. (I'd use "didn't study enough")
11. Yesterday at 8 o'clock, I wasn't learning (past continuous), because I was sleeping.
13. He didn't want to eat anything, because he already had
14. I couldn't smoke, because I forgot (past simple) to buy
a cigarettes (plural).
16. When I came to the class, I found out that somebody/someone ate my snack.
17. I came to the class and ("I" not needed here)ate my snack.
18. Although I had never seen him before, I still lent him 100 000 CZK.
19. While grandpa was trying to write an email, grandma was talking with a neighbour (singular, unknown one).
21. When students came back (returned) to school after the weekend, they couldn't remember what they were learning about past tense.
22. What examples were you (...jste...) solving in maths? I don't know. When I came, the teacher was just finishing (končil - past continous) the lesson.
23. I have never translated (What the hell was "been" supposed to mean there?) so many (countable) sentences without errors (you made more than one error) before.
Neneseme odpovědnost za správnost informací a za škodu vzniklou jejich využitím. Jednotlivé odpovědi vyjadřují názory jejich autorů a nemusí se shodovat s názorem provozovatele poradny Poradte.cz